Bachelor of E-Commerce and Logistics
The bachelor program in Postal, Shipping and Logistics Management offers professional courses in postal products and services, transportation and chartering, customs clearance, ports and terminal operations, logistics and supply chain management as well as in-depth knowledge on e-commerce and on-line businesses, the most promising and attractive career industry.
General courses focus on providing students with managerial skills to deal with these businesses such as business management and strategy, economics and trade, communications skills, accounting principles, basic financial management, international relations, business environment such as world geography, health and safety in the workplace, as well as shippingrelated laws and taxes. During almost the entire course program, from the start through to year3, English is taught as an elective course.
Additional courses provide knowledge and skills needed in Windows computer, Khmer history and culture, mathematics and statistics.
This bachelor program is designed to qualify students for leading positions within specialist shipping and distribution companies, postal industry, the armed forces, consultancies, major commercial organizations, retailers, e-commerce, warehouses and logistics businesses.
After finishing this program students will be equipped with the following:
General skills :
- Ability to solve problems, think on your feet and make good decisions quickly to keep things running.
- Analytical skills and strategic planning so you can meet goals and prepare for the unexpected.
- People management to get the best out of any staff you may oversee.
- Project management skills, such as organization to make sure a project progresses according to plan.
- Ability to communicate well with anyone, including the public and important clients, senior management and staff on the floor.
- Risks management skills enabling you to understand the importance of risk assessment in your work. You will learn how to identify and eliminate risks and how to undertake risks assessment effectively.
Shipping/Transport skills :
- Persuasive ability to convince people to think about the way they use transport
- Understanding of the demand for transport and the ways it is supplied.
- Consideration of the needs of various members of the community, such as disabled people and the elderly.
- Technical knowledge so you understand the requirements for transport systems, equipment and infrastructure.
Distribution/Delivery skills :
- Transportation skills: Knowledge of principles and methods for moving people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road, including the relative costs and benefits.
- Customer and Personal Service skills: Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Public Safety and Security: Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local or international security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- English Language: Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Geography: Knowledge of principles and methods for describing the features of land, sea, and air masses, including their physical characteristics, locations, interrelationships, and distribution of plant, animal, and human life.
- Sales and Marketing: Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Team-working skills and persuasion so you can convince subordinates to accomplish the distribution of goods and services on time and successfully.
- Managerial skills in getting the delivery works properly handled efficiently and effectively taking into account the time constraint, scarce human resources, and customers need for speed and maintained quality of the goods.
- Reverse logistics knowledge so you can manage the return of goods back to the point of origin or for recycling efficiently.
- Interpersonal skills so you are able to communicate and interact with other people in the workplace, both individually and in groups.
- Optimization skills you will learn how to improve business processes in general, and production, manufacturing, and distribution processes in particular. You will be provided with the relevant models to assess the process in question, and to acquire the skills required to work in a project team and how to convince the management of necessary changes.
Logistics skills :
- Commercial acumen to fully assess the impact of certain actions on the business, and to be able to source goods and equipment. To keep cost down financial management is a bonus.
- Numeracy and the ability to use ICT systems to keep track of the various stages of the process.
- Marketing skills and persuasion so you can sell ideas to clients or superiors.
|Year 1, Semester I||240||30||270||16||1||17|
|1||BTN111||IT essentials PC hardware and software||45||30||75||3||1||4|
|3||BTN113||Linear Algebra I||60||0||60||4||0||4|
|5||BTN115||English (Elective Course)||45||0||45||3||0||3|
|Year 1, Semester II||255||30||285||17||1||18|
|2||BTN122||Computer office administration||30||30||60||2||1||3|
|3||BTN123||English (Elective Course)||45||0||45||3||0||3|
|4||BTN124||Introduction to cultural anthropology||45||0||45||3||0||3|
|5||BTN125||Linear Algebra II||45||0||45||3||0||3|
|6||BTN126||English (Elective Course)||45||0||45||3||0||3|
|Year 2, Semester III||225||90||315||15||3||18|
|1||BTN231||English (Elective Course)||30||0||30||2||0||2|
|2||BTN232||Intro. to Telecommunications||60||0||60||4||0||4|
|4||BTN234||Basic Electronics for Communication||30||30||60||2||1||3|
|5||BTN235||Programming & Logic Building||30||30||60||2||1||3|
|6||BTN236||Introduction to Networks||30||30||60||2||1||3|
|Year 2, Semester IV||180||120||300||12||4||16|
|1||BTN241||English (Elective Course)||30||0||30||2||0||2|
|3||BTN243||Object Oriented Programming – java||30||30||60||2||1||3|
|4||BTN244||Routing & Switching Essentials||30||30||60||2||1||3|
|Year 3, Semester V||195||150||345||13||5||18|
|1||BTN351||English (Elective Course)||30||0||30||2||0||2|
|5||BTN355||Network Design & Implementation||30||30||60||2||1||3|
|6||BTN356||Cryptography and Data Compression I||15||30||45||1||1||2|
|Year 3, Semester VI||180||180||360||12||6||18|
|1||BTN361||English (Elective Course)||30||0||30||2||0||2|
|2||BTN362||Cryptography and Data Compression II||30||0||30||2||0||2|
|4||BTN364||Network Programming (Include VoIP)||30||30||60||2||1||3|
|5||BTN365||Data Communication & Networks||30||30||60||2||1||3|
|6||BTN366||Route – Implement IP Routing||30||30||60||2||1||3|
|7||BTN367||Year 3 Internship||0||60||60||0||2||2|
|Year 4, Semester VII||300||60||360||20||2||22|
|2||BTN472||Wireless & Mobile Communication||60||0||60||4||0||4|
|3||BTN473||Project Mgt and Entrepreneurship||45||0||45||3||0||3|
|5||BTN475||Switch – Implement IP Switching||30||30||60||2||1||3|
|6||BTN476||Maintaining and Troubleshooting IP Networks||30||30||60||2||1||3|
|Year 4, Semester VIII||0||270||270||0||9||9|
|1||BTN481||Final Year Internship||0||270||270||0||9||9|