I am delighted to welcome you to the website of National Institute of Posts, Telecommunications and ICT (NIPTICT).
NIPTICT is a research and training institute founded by the Ministry of Posts and Telecommunications of Cambodia (MPTC).Our mission is to develop highly qualified and committed professionals in the field of posts, telecommunications and ICT who will play a leading role in the development of Cambodia and its integration into the ASEAN Economic Community.
It is a great honor for me to be appointed as the founding President of NIPTICT. It is hard for me to imagine anything more exciting than creating a new institution from scratch, especially in a country like Cambodia where engineering education is so crucial to the economic and social development. This is an opportunity that allows us to create something new to set a higher standard for engineering education in Cambodia.
We will build NIPTICT with 3 missions to accomplish:
- Provision of quality Higher Education and Professional Training
- Research and advancement of knowledge
- Innovation and entrepreneurship for better academic and society services
In order to fulfill our missions, we are committed to the following actions:
- Integrating leading-edge information technology into teaching, learning, research, and school management
- Collaborating with international universities and research institutions in joint-research to gain regional and international recognition and contribute to address regional and global issues
- Linking, through our curriculum, research to the industries to assure that our curriculum design is answering to the job market and allow us to create partnership for R&D, innovation and services for the community.
- Promoting Innovation and Entrepreneurial spirit to our students to allow them to be creative talents of the next generation.
- Providing the best professional development and career management opportunities for our faculty and staff with special efforts on capacity building, social networking skills and leadership.
I look forward to attracting and working with the very best faculty, staff, students to build NIPTICT and achieve its missions in scholarship, innovation, and social and economic impact.
Dr. Sopheap SENG